Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness (CREC)–Arlington, VA (partial remote temporarily due to COVID) is a non-profit organization founded to provide policymakers with the information needed to formulate and execute innovative, regional, job-creating economic development strategies in the US.
The Associations/Project Manager will assist CREC in accomplishing its mission by supporting the organization’s networking, technical assistance, and research activities. The Associations/Project Manager will coordinate all activities in collaboration with senior and program assistant staff for designated projects, including work with CREC’s affiliated organizations as well as existing or anticipated contracts with federal or state economic and workforce development agencies and/or with private foundations.
The Associations/Project Manager will also ensure that CREC and its affiliate associations effectively engage in an ongoing dialogue with its members, clients, and potential clients. This effort will include:
- Contributing to weekly updates, websites, blogs, social media,and proposals
- Assisting in the implementation of training and webinars,including serving as an instructor and supporting curriculum development in areas of interest/expertise
- Coordinating with board members and membership on efforts focused on their priorities
- Providing other technical assistance and research support
- Other duties as assigned
The Associations/Project Manager will be enthusiastic about providing technical and operational services to build strong networks of professionals. This person will be familiar with and exhibit intellectual curiosity about socioeconomic data. The successful candidate will build on previous experience in interpreting, analyzing, and presenting research and policy to U.S.-based community, economic, or workforce development researchers and professionals; can demonstrate an ability to forge partnerships; and has strong written and oral skills. Permission to work in the U.S. required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Three years of experience in U.S.-based community, economic, and/or workforce development.
Benefits: CREC provides medical, dental, and vision insurance and a Health Savings Account, paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off Leave accrual, contributions to a company 401k Retirement Savings Plan, plus special leave for the end-of-year holiday season.
Interested in joining us? Send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and graphic design sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.