Code Enforcement Officer
The towns of Cottage City and Colmar Manor are currently looking for a full-time Code Enforcement Officer. This individual will be required to search for and respond to complaints of unsightly conditions, code violations and property maintenance issues throughout the two towns, as well as respond to complaints of loud noise, dumping, illegal signs and any other code related matters. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to educate residents, property owners, and businesses on the town codes. Maintaining a professional demeanor at all times is a must. Work is performed under the direction of the Chief of Police in each jurisdiction. Applicants should go to: https://www.cottagecitymd.gov/government/pages/employment for more information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to calls and investigate complaints of code and ordinance violations within the Towns,
- Identify code violations and issue notices of violation and citations for said violation(s),
- Provide information and assistance to the community members, commercial interests, and businesses regarding code enforcement issues,
- Patrol the towns to remove illegally placed signs and identify and address code violations,
- Electronically enter and retrieve information from computer(s) in order to perform research, update records, process case documentation, and/or to respond to actions and requests,
- Complete case documentation and incident reports, compile supporting documentation to document and explain facts and circumstances surrounding the violation(s) in a case management system,
- Testify in courtroom settings or other legal proceedings to ensure that complete and correct information is related to all participants; administer and manage cases for docket, and file or provide pleadings, exhibits and depositions to the court in cooperation with other officials.