2 days left
- Full Time
Health Affairs produces the nation’s leading journal of health policy, curated commentary and analysis on Health Affairs blog, policy briefs, events, and more. Published since 1981, Health Affairs is read by federal, state, and local policymakers, health industry leaders, and academics in fields such as health economics, medicine, public health, and political science.
Health Affairs is an editorially independent division of Project HOPE, an international NGO of more than 900 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability, and transparency.
We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join the Health Affairs Finance team. The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining accounting records and files; completing month-end and year-end close tasks; preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and financial analyses; supporting procurement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable activities; contributing to the development of budgets and projections; and providing overall support to the Health Affairs Finance team.
- Complete month-end and year-end financial close tasks.
- Prepare journal entries, financial analyses, financial tracking reports, and general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Perform activities related to Health Affairs accounts receivables.
- Help enforce the organization’s procurement policies and procedures to ensure Health Affairs purchases are compliant; provide support to Health Affairs staff throughout the procurement process as needed.
- Liaise with Project HOPE’s Accounting Specialist to ensure Health Affairs accounts payables are properly approved and coded, and are generally processed in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of fiscal and project budgets and projections.
- Assist with preparation for audits and tax filings.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files, including grants and contracts.
- Respond to information requests from colleagues, customers/funders, auditors, and others; resolve Health Affairs accounts payable or accounts receivable issues or queries.
- Support Health Affairs daily finance operations and perform other duties and special projects as assigned; work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Health Affairs Finance team.
- Prior experience in a relevant role in accounting
- Associate degree in accounting
- Understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Highly proficient in MS software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks of high priority in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to workload fluctuations and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Experience working with NetSuite accounting system
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.