5 days left
- Full Time
About Greater DC Diaper Bank
Greater DC Diaper Bank (GDCDB) empowers families in need throughout the DC region by providing an adequate and reliable source for basic baby needs and personal hygiene products. We partner with 75+ social service agencies to distribute our diapers efficiently and to the families most in need; these partners use our products as gateway resources to engage clients more deeply and consistently with the other support services they offer, easing the burden of poverty in critical ways. GDCDB has distributed more than 15 million diapers since its inception in 2010.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), but working closely with the whole team, the Office Manager (OM) will bring a passion for the mission of GDCDB paired with a high-level of organization and attention to detail to manage our nonprofit’s day-to-day operations. This position requires prior experience managing multiple projects, practical interpersonal and organizational skills, and comfort working with various organizational, financial, and relationship software. The OM must be a savvy project manager who is comfortable juggling multiple initiatives for different people on different timelines.
The OM is a full-time position and will be expected to work primarily in the GDCDB office, located at: 8860 Monard Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Attributes of Competitive Candidates
Competitive candidates will have at least 2-4 years of office management experience, preferably in a human services or nonprofit environment, and enjoy working on small teams whose members all wear many hats. They must have impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a gracious approach to customer service. They are energized by responsibility for handling many projects at once, and have some experience working in databases (e.g., Salesforce), accounting software (e.g., Quickbooks), and supporting fundraising efforts. They must appreciate structure and systems and believe they make work easier and better. Spanish-language skills would be a huge asset for this position and our team.
Administrative & Office Support:
- Act as main point of contact for all incoming calls and emails to ensure prompt communication with community partners, donors, volunteers, and others
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff upon request
- Assist with calendars, scheduling, and communications to help coordinate a variety of internal and external meetings
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of organization contact information, management charts, office forms, and templates for staff use
- Review, edit and summarize reports and documents, as needed
- Arrange staff appreciation, as well as recognition for birthdays and anniversaries
- Training staff on Office 365, Google Workspace, Asana, Slack, and IT procedures
- Correspond with contracted IT company as gatekeeper, monitor tickets, and pay invoices
- Intake and troubleshoot all staff IT-related issues that arise
- Oversee Slack and Zoom accounts and related apps; educate staff on available new tech products
- Order and stock office supplies; manage all incoming mail and deliveries
- Oversee the day-to-day logistics for providing a clean and well-organized environment for shared work and volunteer spaces
- Correspond with in-kind donors regarding potential offers and delivery
- Work with program staff to maintain current list of needed items for GDCDB’s partner sites
- Track, organize, and distribute donated goods and gift cards to ensure accurate in-kind reporting
- Collaborate with Director of Development to record donations
- Assist in the printing, stuffing, and sending of acknowledgement letters
- Help troubleshoot errors identified via online processor
- Manage purchasing requests and ordering process of office supplies, etc.
- Record day-to-day monetary transactions as needed, including purchases and incoming payments; track receipts and invoices; and process reimbursements
- Pay bills and invoices in a timely fashion
- Remind staff to submit timesheets according to payroll calendar
Compensation and Benefits
- This is an exempt position working 40 hours a week onsite at the GDCDB Warehouse with a salary range of $50 - $60K, with the possibility of working a flexible schedule
- GDCDB follows the federal government holiday schedule and offers generous PTO.
- GDCDB is closed for one week in August and the week between Christmas and New Years
- GDCDB offers participation in a retirement savings plan with employer match; $5,000 QSEHRA allowance annually; dental and vision plans; and flexible spending and dependent care accounts, totals based on employee status and hours worked.
HOW YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THE JOB:
- You have 2-4 years of administrative assistance experience expected or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the nonprofit industry
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator, possessing great attention to detail
- You are highly proficient in various technology applications and tools
- You have experience working with database systems
- You have a documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- You possess a demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex issues
- You are extremely detail-oriented, organized, and willing to take initiative
- You can carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs
HOW YOU KNOW GDCDB IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU:
- You are excited for the opportunity to support the innovative ways GDCDB and its partner organizations are addressing the unique needs of families and working to eradicate poverty in the DMV
- You regularly demonstrate strong self-motivation, strategic thinking, and the ability to work independently
- You have awesome project management skills, with a knack for working backwards from deadlines and can deal with curve balls thrown at your work plan
- You have keen attention to detail, a love of adhering to organizational systems, and aren’t satisfied until you have produced a high-quality work-product
- You possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality and can manage sensitive information
- You are reliable and a friendly communicator who reaches out and follows-up with professional persistence
- You are a creative thinker and willing to test out new ideas
- Cover letter (including salary range and potential start date)
- Resume or CV (noting any additional language skills)
- Sample email or other communication from current or past position around an office issue
- Three references (we will not contact them without your permission)
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act are eligible for this position if they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position. Persons of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Office Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly