Director of Strategic Partnerships
We are currently seeking a Director of Strategic Partnerships to lead client services for the Network Science Initiative. The Director of Strategic Partnerships serves as the main point of contact for client organizations, provides client feedback to the research team, leads client retention efforts, and serves as a strategic advisor to the Chief Business Development Officer of National Journal.
National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. Best known as one of Washington’s most trusted media brands for nearly 50 years, our expertise is unmatched with teams of specialists dedicated to government affairs, communications, and political research, in addition to exceptional journalism. Our mission is to equip the thousands of government and business leaders in the nation’s capital with the intelligence, insights, and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency, and deliver success.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will:
- Foster relationships with high-level executives and heads of office at DC’s premier public policy organizations and proactively manage these relationships throughout the year to optimize the value of Network Science Initiative services
- Secure annual renewal of client contracts with the goal of increasing revenue
- Develop effective strategies for maintaining visibility of services and deliverables at member organizations
- Work collaboratively to provide market feedback to research team to help tailor and refine the service
- Develop and implement plans for retaining and growing revenue
- Serve as a strategic advisor to client organizations
- Exhibit strong operational skills, with a focus on project management, process improvement, and multitasking
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years professional experience in applicable fields, such as account management, member services, or management consulting
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of customer/member service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated poise and grace under pressure
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong academic record from a leading college or university
Compensation: The salary range for this role is $80,000-$90,000 plus commission
Remote Status: Remote through the end of 2021 at which point this job will be based in Washington, DC
National Journal, LLC. and its affiliates ("National Journal") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.