Street Maintenance Superintendent
Job Listing: The Street Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for managing staff and contractors in the maintenance of City streets which includes paving, curb repair, sidewalk construction, street cleaning, snow removal, leaf pick up, inlet repairs, parking lot construction, and traffic signs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years of experience in street pavement and construction, sidewalk maintenance and construction, parking lot construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid motor vehicle license issued by state in which employee resides.
Desired Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows and current Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Skill in business writing.
- Ability to supervise a moderate to large number of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled employees.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports.
- Ability to work with the public.
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position.
Salary: $74,589 Annually
How to Apply: please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 29, 2021
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE