The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 10,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking to hire a Meetings Coordinator, who will be responsible for contributing to the successful planning, implementation, and growth of ASBMB’s in-person and virtual meetings. Knowledge of abstract and registration management, working with volunteer committees a plus. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and customer service skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a positive attitude who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job. This position reports to the Director of Meetings.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage registration and abstract submission systems and processes.
- Correspond with attendees, presenters, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and help ensure excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
- Support in-person and virtual event operations by working with scientific organizers, facility/vendor contacts, and preparing meeting requirements such as: room set-up; audio visual; transportation; housing; food and beverage; budget coordination; shipment; virtual platform set up and preparation of run of show; and operational reports.
- Prepare conference programs, update databases, website, and mobile app.
- Ensure event deliverables are accurate and meet timelines.
- Stay on top of industry standards in event management, providing input for enhancements and researching potential solutions.
- Perform other duties, tasks, and projects, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Required Proficiencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of meeting planning experience preferred or event management degree in lieu of experience.
- Excellent attention to details and proofing skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- At ease with learning new technology quickly and independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks accurately and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work individually as well as collaboratively with tact, diplomacy, and poise.
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed.
- Some travel required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift, carry (up to 40 pounds), stoop, bend, climb, push, pull or perform other physical activities or walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit https://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org.
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.