Director of Graphic Design
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating buildings that contribute to the community fabric and successfully enhance social engagement.
MV+A is a diverse group of architects, designers, and planners, applying our collective experience to develop meaningful solutions for our clients. Our growing firm is actively searching for a Director of Graphic Design. As the Director of Graphic Design, you will work closely with the firm’s Principals and Associates to create and maintain an overall strategy for the visual and experiential direction of the digital and print media for MV+A. Your creative visualizations, storytelling capabilities, and organizational skills will enhance our ability to build deeper connections with our clients, staff, and the community-at-large.
Your Role. You will…
- Lead the research and development of new presentation techniques and technologies.
- Provide oversight to, and aid in, the design and production of digital and print media.
- Collaborate with project design and marketing teams in the production of presentations, proposal and qualification responses, and maintain the firm’s project portfolio, resumes, and website.
- Manage a small team of graphic and/or architectural designers on several client and in-house projects concurrently while consistently meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Lead efforts in the design and production of retail comprehensive sign packages and exterior environmental graphic design for our mixed-use projects in collaboration with clients and project building designers.
- Create compelling presentations and visualizations using design and engineering software in combination with other rendering tools.
- Review and edit written copy for consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
Your Qualifications. You have…
- Master’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Architecture, or related field preferred.
- Valid US work permit.
- Great initiative, curiosity and a thirst for learning and sharing ideas.
- Professional expertise demonstrated through a minimum of 8 years of related experience exhibiting an exceptional portfolio of work.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, meet deadlines, and mentor others.
- Expertise using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of print production, motion graphics software, and digital video editing.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam, Smartsheet, Microsoft Teams, and Sharepoint preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Enscape or Lumion preferred.
- Prior experience with an architecture firm preferred.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a dynamic team environment including diverse, creative, and forward-thinking individuals.