Job Description: Social Worker/Therapist part-time position
Alexandria City Public School (ACPS) Adult Education program is seeking a part-time licensed social worker/therapist for a part-time position within the Adult Education Program for the 2021-2022 school year. Qualifications:
An ideal candidate will have a background in school social work or related fields, trauma-informed care, clinical case management responsibilities, and previous experience working with adolescents. Bilingual preferred, not required. Essential Functions:
Duties for this position would include, but are not limited to:
Direct support to students
- Counseling (group, individual)
- Developing intervention strategies to increase academic success
- Helping students develop appropriate social interaction skills
- Assisting with conflict resolution and anger management
- Providing trauma-focused individual counseling
- Providing crisis intervention to students in need
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Pay Rate/Schedule: Approximately 2 days per week, 9:00 am - 1:30 pm, $46 an hour, starting January-June, 2020.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$46.00 - $46.00 / Per Hour Shift Type: