Meter Service - Hydrant Account Specialist
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, Meter Services, provides specialized support for Meter Service operations and Hydrant Meter accounts.
Essential functions include:
- Receiving customer calls, scheduling appointments, and answering customer questions concerning meter installation and replacement.
- Researching customer inquiries by accessing customer information system records and other historical records.
- Maintaining communications with Meter Service field staff.
- Scheduling repair and replacement of inside water meters by preparing written communications, making telephone calls, and performing internet research to contact customers.
- Assisting the Supervisor, Meter Service with work order scheduling and management.
- Maintaining records of meter inventory, installation, testing, and removal.
- Assisting in the development and documentation of specialized meter testing performed for the Meter Management Program.
- Preparing written responses to customer inquiries and letters related to meter service and testing.
- Updating meter information in the customer information system.
Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of three years related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. to effectively plan, organizes, and communicates orally and in writing. Ability to perform accurate basic mathematical computations. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships. Proficiency with a personal computer and ability to quickly learn software applications. Ability to respond to emergencies and work overtime when necessary. Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment
“Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.