The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for administrative and accounting responsibilities to support the Accounting Director. This is a growth position that would serve as a back-up to the Director of Accounting and has an opportunity to support other departments as needed. The position requires a focused, detail-oriented person with the ability to juggle daily tasks along with varying requests as needed.
- Process checks received in mail and log appropriately for Accounting.
- Responsible for all accounts payable functions.
- Download reports from system, prepare, review and handle invoicing.
- Email contacts for follow-up as it relates to outstanding invoices. Maintain Audit log.
- Prepare invoices using mail merge and email to recipients.
- Enter data as instructed into Sage Accounting system.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Processing payroll in coordination with Human Resources and update general ledger. Closely follow payroll changes, fees and taxes posted through Paychex.
- Works closely with Human Resources on Paychex transactions, tracking and Health Savings Account process for employees.
- Handle administrative tasks for Accounting such as regular filing, preparing files with annual labels, W9 preparation and faxing as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned to support various departmental needs.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 years plus of general administrative experience in a professional office environment.
- 3-5 years of Accounting assistant/accounting clerk experience required.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated skills working with and manipulating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and experience working with formulas.
- Experience working with mail merges in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized individual able to work independently.
- Strong administrative skill, attention to detail a must, and ability to juggle changing priorities and work well under high volume times.
- Experience with office machines such as printers, faxes, copiers, and scanning.
- Experience working with an accounting database for input preferably with Sage Accounting.
- Experience with online banking.
- Responsible and able to work on your own keeping track of deliverables.
This position has the potential for growth and more responsibility working with other departments. Flexible with the hours in the beginning and will train with other areas as time permits.
Must have the ability to train and work in the office and remotely as needed.
Qualified Candidates please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com EOE. Salary is negotiable based on experience and fit. Benefits available for full-time candidates.