Superintendent - Commercial Construction
Founded in 1998, Tysons, VA-based Bognet Construction is 100% employee-owned and has developed a reputation as an innovative general contracting powerhouse in the Washington metropolitan region. Ranked as one of the Largest Interior Construction firms and Fastest Growing Companies by the Washington Business Journal, Bognet specializes in large commercial tenant interior and building repositioning projects, featuring a portfolio that spans some of Washington D.C.’s most visible organizations across every industry sector.
Candidates living outside the Washington DC metropolitan area will not be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs in depth reviews of drawings and contract documents to become familiar with requirements.
- Schedules subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely completion of project deadlines.
- Fully understands the subcontractor’s scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders.
- Participates in a weekly scope of work meeting with subcontractors.
- Communicates the priorities of the project to the subcontractors and field staff.
- Manages long lead items that need to be expedited through the project schedule process.
- Communicates daily with the Project Manager.
- Works with the Project Manager in formulating the two week look ahead.
- Plans sequence of work using the timeframe provided by Estimating & Project Management.
- Assists the Project Manager with change order management in defining scope and schedule impact.
- Makes schedule commitments and is responsible for meeting project completion date and milestones throughout.
- Understands proper methods and sequence of installation and ensures compliance.
- Identifies conflicts in construction process, evaluates possible solutions and their impact and communicates to project teams for immediate resolution.
- Develops and maintains relationships with building engineers; monitors satisfaction.
- Manages the punch list and closeout process through Owner/architect acceptance and obtains client sign off.
- Maintains a clean, safe, organized job site and office.
Bognet Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability or age.