Digital Applications Specialist
CITY OF BOWIE Digital Applications Specialist I Information Technology Department
The Digital Applications Specialist interacts directly with City staff and internal departments, with responsibility for delivering the ongoing application management of our cloud platforms, and associated customer experience. This role administers our Software-as-a-Service platforms by executing ongoing application operational tasks, scoping, and executing ad hoc services, monitoring application health, performing platform testing, and managing platform upgrades. The Digital Applications Specialist manages incoming service requests through our centralized ticketing system and owns communication flow with City staff around incoming tickets and ongoing platform administration responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide training and technical support to City staff on use and setup of teleconferencing platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Provide technical support and assistance with MDM environment, this includes software management and device configuration.
- Provide training to City staff on products via phone and web meetings through consultative discussion followed by feature demonstrations to meet their specific needs. This includes promoting the benefits of products and features the user may not currently be using.
- Provide product support by assisting City staff with simple to moderately complex questions and problems.
- Troubleshoot issues to resolution and directly answer user questions.
- Route issues the Digital Applications Specialist is unable to resolve to the appropriate person or team for timely resolution.
- Respond to service requests via all channels including phone, email, chat, and ticketing system
- Capture all service requests, interactions, and communications in ticketing system
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Develop knowledge of industry and customer use cases and workflow
- Other additional duties as may be requested from time to time
- High school diploma required.
- Strong technical aptitude and learning ability
- 1-3 years previous experience in a client service or product support environment
- Strong communication skills, especially in explaining technical terms in a way that non-technical individuals can understand
- Independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a team collaboration environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience supporting software or SaaS applications
- Experience in the M&A industry
- Sense of humor
Salary: $31.38 - $37.25 per hour Depending on Qualifications
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position.
How to Apply: Please apply online on the City of Bowie website at: www.cityofbowie.org. Applicants are required to complete City of Bowie application.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE