Development Officer, Foundations - 22048
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Development Officer, Foundations
The Development Officer identifies, cultivates, solicits, and manages the stewardship of foundation donors and prospects, contributing toward World Wildlife Fund's annual foundation fundraising goal. The Development Officer works closely with Foundations team leadership to execute on strategic, time-sensitive opportunities, including large proposals.
• Write, edit, and coordinate concepts and proposals as assigned, ensuring alignment with foundation interests and guidelines and facilitating coordination across internal teams (e.g., Program Operations, Goal teams).
• Work closely with the Foundations team Deputy Director and Senior Directors on time-sensitive requests, including lending support on project management, visual communications, and research.
• Provide support to WWF's portfolio of US foundation-funded projects in Asia and Latin America, including stewarding existing grants and relationships, supporting pipeline development, and working with key WWF offices on developing concepts, proposals, and reports for US foundations.
• Track reporting requirements for grants in assigned portfolio and collaborate with program to develop required reports and updates.
• Meet regularly with assigned programs and keep abreast of programmatic developments for application in fundraising strategies and donor relations. Conduct research and monitor trends in Foundation giving and strategies to develop and maintain prospect pipelines.
• Coordinate preparation of research and briefing materials in advance of visits and calls to foundation prospects. When appropriate, join solicitation visits and calls, including accompanying program staff. Prepare and distribute meeting notes following the meeting or call, effectively synthesizing areas of overlap and strategic next steps to further the relationship.
• Help foster a sense of collaboration through participation in team meetings, team building activities, and other reoccurring team activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 4 years of program or other professional experience required, or, an advanced degree with 2 plus years' experience.
• Knowledge of development practices and techniques is required. Experience with donor/CRM databases preferred.
• Knowledge of conservation and/or international development issues is preferred. Experience working in different cultural contexts and basic proficiency in Spanish or Mandarin is a plus.
• Strong foundational knowledge of WWF's conservation mission, goals, and organizational structure is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Flexibility and responsiveness; deft at shuffling existing projects to accommodate time sensitive deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in copyediting and proofreading.
• Comfortable considering multiple viewpoints and facilitating constructive discussion.
• Excellent organizational ability and project management skills; strong attention to detail.
• Comfort with complex budgets and logical frameworks.
• Intercultural communication skills.
• Team player.
• Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
• • Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
• • Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
• • Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
• • Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
• Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page ( https://careers-wwfus.icims.com/jobs ), Requisition #22048
• Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVGxL7TaryVBidbsxzOG