Database Administrator, Oracle DBA
Database Administrator, Oracle DBA
Position #: 106543
Database Administrator (DBA) is a member of the Database Administration unit of the Enterprise Data Services (EDS). The position has responsibility for providing comprehensive database management and administration for operational and project support of enterprise level cross-campus services for the University of Maryland. The position involves managing Oracle database systems primarily.
- The position requires comprehensive knowledge and expertise with Oracle as well as relational database concepts and products essential for the mission of the EDS team.
- Manage Oracle databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.·
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, availability, deployment and security.
- Administration, Patch management, Upgrade and integrity of Databases Oracle (12c and above) in On Prem and AWS.
- Technical expertise in areas related to the integration of local, cloud or hosted services (PaaS, IaaS), monitoring, analysis, performance tuning, security , Backup / Recovery and application tools.
- Active interaction with the Infrastructure team to ensure successful implementation and migration of projects to AWS.
- The position includes responsibility for implementing the appropriate security controls, processes, and best practices to ensure compliance with State and University System audit requirements.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end and prompt customer service·
- Independently analyze, refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems. Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related major.
- 7+ years of Database Administration and Maintenance of Enterprise-level computing Database Systems (Oracle).
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Cloud Database Services (AWS)
- Experience in SQL,Rman, Data Guard, OEM
- Experience with Backups, Restores and Recovery models
- Experience in Datapump and Sqlloader
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle.
- Experience with Unix scripting
- Strong, working knowledge of relational database technology, client/server computing techniques and solutions, distributed systems management concepts, networking and security
- Must be self-motivated, highly responsible, and service-oriented. Must be efficient, focused, and be able to work independently as well in a team.
- Must possess and exercise strong problem-solving skills. Must work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust rapidly to occasional significant changes in priorities, and respond efficiently and effectively in emergencies
- Oracle or AWS certification.
- 1-year experience of MySQL preferred
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Must have the ability to walk short distances to attend meetings on campus.
Best consideration date: 10/22/2021 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/88391 [ejobs.umd.edu]
Vaccine protocol: the University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu [return.umd.edu] and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.