U.S. District Court
This position is organized in the Operations section of the U.S. District Court Clerk’s Office, with responsibilities focused on administrative and customer service work to coordinate and prepare qualified jurors for jury selection. The incumbent will ensure efficient and fair operations related to the summoning, qualification, selection, orientation, management, and payment of jurors for petit and grand juries. Additional duties include the support of higher-level jury staff in processing notices, entering data, preparing mail, and/or conducting jury orientation. The incumbent must develop a working knowledge of the Jury Management System (JMS) and general jury policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates JMS, eJuror, and other related automated systems to maintain and report appropriate information related to jury candidates and selected jurors.
- Prepares and mails summons notices and forms. Monitors and records the jury questionnaire process, juror selection, and juror appearance.
- Processes returned summons (including data entry and preparing excusal letters).
- Maintains and updates the inbound and outbound communications with summoned jurors using an automated, interactive voice response system.
- Checks in and directs jurors, conducts juror orientation, and assists with juror logistics.
- Ensures adherence to the Guide to Judiciary Policy on financial and accounting practices.
- Prepare juror attendance certificates. Process payments and reimbursements for jurors.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
This position is full-time with benefits. Please review the full job announcement and application procedures on our website at www.vaed.uscourts.gov/jobs