Are you looking for an interesting, exciting opportunity? Join our team and be on the ground floor of creating a new, secure network for our well-established company.
Founded in 1999, Artis provides innovative systems and solutions for defense, security, safety and other technology-intensive markets.
Enjoy an informal, friendly work environment. We offer competitive salaries and a generous medical benefits package for our employees and their dependents, a 401K plan with match, tuition reimbursement, 15 vacation days, 10 paid holidays and five sick days.
Active Secret security clearance is required.
This is not a remote position.
- Support day-to-day operations of the company’s information systems, both Classified and Unclassified.
- Perform all hardware upgrades and repairs to the entire LAN including hubs, routers, printers, and workstations
- Promptly address system-wide and individual PC operational problems and, when required, closely manage contracted maintenance
- Track warranties and service agreements and renew or extend when necessary
- Maintain and monitor the Wide Area Network (WAN) connection; using virus protection software, daily backup procedures, and other tools, safeguard the entire LAN system, as well as the Company’s documents and records
- Manage hardware and software requirements for Internet and Web site connections and the multiple file servers used to operate the LAN
- Investigate potential new software applications for the organization
- Install and support software for both office and laboratory devices
- Manage company file and communications security policies, to include public/private key encryption
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards
- Monitor load balance on servers and make recommendations accordingly
- Assist Webmaster, whose main job is to manage off-site web developers and make occasional content changes
- Five or more years Systems Administrator experience
- Windows servers to include Active Directory/LDAP
- Linux servers to include Red Hat RHEL a plus
- Public/private key operations and management
- Windows system configuration and maintenance
- Network admin to include LAN/WAN management, Router configuration and firewall administration
- ISSO experience a strong plus
- Scripting experience desirable
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAPs a plus
This position works in an office environment 100% of the time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt, position. Hours are M-F, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, with some flexibility.
- Travel may be required occasionally
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, systems engineering or related field preferred.
- Must be MCP certified.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must have an active Secret clearance
Artis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for System Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly