Position: Finance Executive
Organization: Embassy of the Republic of Singapore, Washington D.C
The Finance Executive plays an integral role in the Singapore Embassy in Washington D.C. by assisting the Administrative team in managing the finances and budget of the Embassy.
As Finance Executive, you will monitor the budget and expenditure of the Embassy as well as prepare monthly finance statements for documentation. You will also oversee and manage the accounts payable with the assistance of the Finance Clerk.
This position requires candidates to be proficient in both written and spoken English, as well as experience in Accounting, Finance and Budget Management. You will need to multi-task, have an eye for detail and be a good team player capable of working independently. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2021 and note in the subject of your email "Finance Executive - Singapore Embassy". Only successful applicants will be notified.
SINGAPORE EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON DC
- Budget Management
1.1 Assist Admin Sec in preparation of the Embassy’s annual and quarterly budget reports.
1.2 Monitor Embassy’s expenditure and prepare virement applications in consultation with Admin Sec/ Admin Attaché.
1.3 Maintain Vote Control Register and important expenditure spreadsheets such as staff salaries, maintenance expenditure, rental & lease payments, public utilities, security services etc.
1.4 Maintain budget files.
2.1 Manage Embassy’s Imprest as follows:
- Monitor Embassy’s Bank Balance
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statement
- Prepare monthly Cash Receipt Book statement
- Prepare monthly Cash Payment Book statement
- Prepare monthly Imprest Reconciliation statement
- Maintain financial documentation and approvals for supporting documents
- Ensure that all financial documentation are kept only for the required periods
2.2 Manage Accounts Payable
- Process all bills/invoices from suppliers of goods and services
- Process all claims for reimbursement submitted by Embassy’s staff
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques
2.3 Alert Finance Clerk to recover expenses from billable agencies for:
- Co-share of maintenance expenses (for ad-hoc expenditures)
- Telephone and facsimile charges
- Diplomatic Bag charges
- Medical/Dental charges and co-payments
- Courier charges
- Ambassador’s utilities charges
- Any other charges to be recovered from other agencies and staff
3. Banking duties
3.1 Monitor banking-in limits and ensure that no outstanding cash/cheques are not banked-in during the week and at the end of the month.
- Bank twice a week and enter receipts into the Embassy’s online finance syste
4. Official Functions
4.1 Assist with assigned duties during official events/functions.
5. Other Duties
5.1 Cover the duties of Finance Clerk during her absence except for recoveries.
5.2 Other duties in accordance with exigencies of service.