NATURE OF WORK
This is professional work providing full-cycle recruiting for vacancies throughout the Senate Sergeant at Arms. Work includes sourcing, vetting, screening, recommending and onboarding candidates for positions with the Sergeant at Arms in all areas (including cybersecurity, information technology, cloud-based development, IT integration, protocol, security, intelligence, business operations, marketing, accounting, acquisitions, contract management, EAP, human resources). Work is performed under the general direction of the Placement Manager.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(This list is not absolute or restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
● Manages approximately 30 open requisitions on a continuing basis.
● Creates, executes, and manages a comprehensive strategy to diversify our talent pipeline across the organization.
● Builds strategic alliances across the organization to provide subject matter expertise.
● Develops and implements innovative talent practices integrating inclusivity and diversity as well as streamlining and automating processes.
● Creates and supports innovative approaches to onboarding and the retention of the team.
● Partners with key stakeholders to determine gaps and future talent needs and develop hiring strategies that align with our strategic plan and values.
● Partners with the SAA’s compensation administrator to ensure roles and responsibilities are properly documented for current positions.
● Collaborates with hiring managers to ensure compliance with SAA policy and applicable employment laws, to include the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) and other laws covered by the Congressional Accountability Act.
● Reviews interview questions, participates on interview panels, and makes recommendations for the selection of applicants and promotion of employees; coaches and counsels hiring managers.
● Conducts interviewing & hiring training to supervisors and managers; conducts SAA New Hire Orientation.
● Provides attrition and other workforce data to senior leadership.
● Provides supplemental support to the Placement Office regarding Senate-wide recruitment, as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in an office environment and is essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, standing, bending, safely carrying items less than 25 pounds such as a laptop, books, papers, files, etc., and may require extended periods of computer use.
Work requires a Bachelor's Degree in human resources management or a related field, and at least eight years of progressively responsible professional recruiting experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
● Knowledge of modern human resources management principles, practices and procedures.
● Experience and skill in recruiting a diverse workforce in multiple disciplines. Many of our open positions are IT and Cybersecurity so experience recruiting in those fields is desired.
● Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including computers, spreadsheets, databases, relevant software/Web applications, and social media platforms that can be leveraged to build an effective recruiting strategy.
● Current knowledge and understanding of employment laws, industry trends, and recruiting practices across multiple fields; ability to learn the Senate’s legal employment obligations under the Congressional Accountability Act and various employment laws.
● Ability to establish and maintain guidelines and procedures for effective human resources support programs.
● Commitment to maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
● Exceptional cultural competence and an evolved understanding of the manner in which diversity, equity, and inclusion values influence best-in-class talent practices.
● Experience working with a diverse workforce.
● Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
● Superior attention to detail and accuracy in work.
● Ability to collaborate and provide strategic input to senior leadership and the ability to influence others at all levels of the business.
● Experience managing talent acquisition management systems
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS