Recruitment Marketing Coordinator
The George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government invites applications for a Recruitment Marketing Coordinator position. The Schar School is located on the Arlington and Fairfax campuses of George Mason University and serves approximately 16,000 alumni. This position is located on the Arlington campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working collaboratively with the Schar School’s graduate and undergraduate admissions teams, the Recruitment Marketing Coordinator will support marketing initiatives -particularly recruitment marketing strategies—to enhance the School’s reputation as a preeminent school for policy, government, and international affairs in the Washington, D.C. region and beyond. The primary duties of the Recruitment Marketing Coordinator are to help develop and manage compelling and creative content across platforms; support the promotion of admissions events; and to assist in managing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and its communication plans for the Schar School’s recruitment efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Director of Marketing in the development and execution of a fully integrated branding, marketing, and advertising strategy to promote brand awareness and support recruitment efforts;
- Assist with advertising campaigns as assigned, ensuring campaign copy, artwork, tracking, and deadlines are met, while monitoring and seeking to optimize campaign performance;
- Oversee and manage the Salesforce TargetX Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to effectively communicate with prospective students at each stage of the lifecycle, from the point of inquiry through the end goal of enrollment;
- Write and develop email content and update content on an ongoing basis to build targeted automated email communication plans for each stage of the prospective student lifecycle;
- Assist with the development of print collateral, including the coordination with graphic design and print vendors, and writing or sourcing support for copy-writing, while staying on budget.
- Oversee the day-to-day management and content strategy of primary marketing social media channels, including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, and YouTube;
- Assist in the development and execution of the website content;
- Create compelling content across web, print, email, and social media platforms to effectively market academic programs, recruitment events, and news stories;
- Contribute and help execute recruitment event promotion on the website, including working with the Website Specialist to create stand-alone landing pages, participating in developing cross-site promotion of events for the purpose of recruitment marketing, and ensure all content is accurate and up-to-date; and
- Work in conjunction with both the undergraduate and graduate admissions teams’ event liaisons to maintain an updated admissions event calendar and promotion schedule, monitor event registrations, and ensure event announcements and live ads are kept up-to-date.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of social media and other forms of digital communications;
- Understanding of basic design principles;
- Ability to analyze data to optimize marketing and recruitment practices and
- Ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Some (1-3 years preferred) experience in marketing, communications, admissions or related fields;
- Demonstrated experience writing and developing creative, compelling marketing content;
- Experience in Salesforce Target-X and/or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems;
- Experience with Drupal or other content management platform;
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign;
- Experience with higher education marketing and recruitment; and
- Proficiency with HTML.