Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of an effective financial reporting and internal control program that adequately supports the institution. This includes grants accounting, accounts payable, account reconciliations, journal entries, account creation, and accounting entries for capital improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting with accounting and/or auditing firm, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in governmental and/or fund accounting, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Higher Institution accounting, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Auditing experience, preferred.
- Ability to assess priorities, assign resources and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines; demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and an ability to manage multiple assignments and deliverable.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability.
- Superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence.
- Experience working with a complex financial management system.