Business Analyst II
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst II to join our Office of Publishing.
Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, this position prepares and assists in the interpretation and analysis of various reports that are needed for the Office of Publishing, primarily related to advertising and magazine/journal circulation. These reports include but are not limited to ad campaign performance data, circulation and subscription revenue metrics, financial P&L analysis for specific projects, and custom analysis as assigned.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
- Produce client-facing reports related to advertising and custom publishing.
- Pull together data from several systems including an ad server (Google Ad Manager), email marketing platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud), a CRM (Salesforce), and web analytics package (Adobe Analytics).
- Learn the product details and operational methodologies behind a range of advertising products including digital display, email-based advertising and sponsorship, webinars, print and digital advertorials, virtual and in-person meeting sponsorships, and podcasts.
- Produce all regular email performance reporting related to advertising and assist in email advertising quoting process with complex data querying as needed.
- Produce clear, well-designed, and standardized reports readable by both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Distribute reports to internal staff and clients according to a defined project schedule.
- Maintain circulation reporting across journal titles and circulation audit production for the flagship journal Science and the Science family of journals.
- Completing a series of daily and weekly system processing and reporting tasks related to the Advantage circulation and fulfillment system.
- Produce and distribute weekly report to management showing circulation of Science across key categories.
- Provide back-up support for digital advertising operations across a range of activities as needed.
- Miscellaneous reporting needs across Publishing, and other reporting, data processing as assigned.
- Extensive university or college-level training leading to a Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of related work experience preferred
- General understanding of CRM technologies (Salesforce.com experience preferred)
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines and requirements following internal priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with overlapping dependencies
- Proficiency with standard Office programs, especially Excel
- Collaborative and flexible style, with a commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Some project management experience preferred
Submit a resume and cover letter by October 28, 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.