The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The incumbent has responsibility for the successful implementation, customization, and operational support of the commercial off the shelf BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) suite of applications and custom-built BMC Remedy Action Request System applications or comparable service management platforms. The incumbent will be directly responsible for delivering solutions that provide real-time customer access anywhere, anytime, create a compelling place to work, and ensure customer-focused operational excellence. The incumbent is responsible IT governance, to include systems development life cycle (SDLC), project management, change management, internal controls and information security. The incumbent must have the ability to develop and execute complex technical tasks, apply analytical problem solving methodologies, provide technical direction for support staff, interface with Government and/or commercial contractor personnel, define and document processes. This posting is for multiple positions and they do not have supervisory responsibilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, administer, maintain, manage, and/or support the BMC Remedy Action Request System, BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite, and all custom applications developed. Provide overall support, troubleshooting, and/or perform maintenance of the Remedy system and applications.
2. Design, develop, and/or implement integrations with external systems to include SasS, PeopleSoft, Exchange, Active Directory/LDAP and other network or data repositories.
3. Develop and maintain user and training documentation for the BMC Remedy system and applications. Develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions. Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
4. Develop and execute Project Management and Systems Development Life Cycle (PMLC/SDLC) based documentation in accordance with industry best practices.
5. Analyze internal or external customers' needs, and determine solutions to problems by means of automated systems; develop customized solutions to customer/user problems. Coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
6. Gain and maintain agreement from the stakeholders on project definition, success criteria and approach; manage stakeholder expectations while managing the competing demands of time, cost and quality; gains agreement on resource decisions and issue resolution action steps. Sell the benefits of the projects to the customers and stakeholders, serving as a “change agent” and inspiring team members to meet program goals and overcome project challenges.
7. Embrace and manage change, and provide effective leadership that motivates project team members to incorporate vision, strategic planning, and quality management, process improvement, and creative thinking to deliver cutting-edge technological business solutions.
8. Exercise good judgment in structuring work and setting priorities; balance the interests of stakeholders and readily readjust priorities to respond to customer demands.
9. Foster high ethical standards in CAO business operations and staff performance; ensure transactions, programs, systems and procedures have adequate internal controls and meet applicable legal requirements and regulations, official House policies and procedures, and applicable accounting principles and standards.
10. Perform other official duties as required.
- Candidate must have proven experience with process development, requirement specification, change management and quality assurance.
- Candidate should demonstrate a strong foundation in software development principles and techniques.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational and communication skills, and have the ability to absorb and manage large quantities of information in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well with others to include reviewing work products and providing technical direction to other staff, as necessary.
- Effective oral and written communicate skills with successful experience in communicating with senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users.
- Proven experience managing production enterprise applications, to include troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience tasking and directing technical activities, to include system administration, network administration, database administration or software development.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable
security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).