Analyst, Quality Measurement
The Analyst is responsible for performing project work at the foundational level. The Analyst supports the execution of various NQF projects, including consensus development and measure selection projects related to healthcare performance measurement and improvement. The Analyst is specifically responsible for conducting research and environmental scans, document development/preparation, database management, meeting support, and communications regarding assigned projects.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Analyst supports NQF projects, workshops, and other core organizational and administrative work/tasks with general guidance.
Technical Research and Document Development/Preparation
- Research support for NQF projects may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide synopses or summaries of research findings specifically relevant to the project scope; and
- Conduct full environmental scans for existing measures, best practices, or clinical care guidelines; literature reviews; and data analyses.
- Prepare draft project overviews, committee materials, memos, reports, and other documents as requested by the project senior staff.
Project Support and Communications
- Communicate with expert committees and project stakeholders about project timelines and key milestones.
- Ensure that all deliverables and materials are provided to the committees in a timely manner.
- Monitor timelines and alert senior staff as issues are identified.
- Coordinate internal communications within and across NQF departments.
- Assist with the convening and facilitation of committee meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
- Ensure that project databases (e.g., OPUS, SharePoint) are maintained, current, and accurate.
- Work with senior staff on projects to evaluate performance measures and practices, as assigned.
- Work with senior staff on projects to provide input to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on measures for use in federal programs, as assigned.
- Work with senior staff on projects in pursuit of implementation of the National Quality Strategy, as assigned.
- Ensure that measure submissions are complete and identify areas where clarifications/additions are needed.
- Effectively interact with colleagues within the department and NQF, as well as external parties.
- Recommend solutions and process improvements at the task level.
- Provide positive representation of NQF to external parties and promote NQF within network.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Certification:
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant work experience required; clinical degree a bonus; or Master’s degree (i.e., MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health policy, performance measurement and/or quality improvement
- Experience working in the healthcare delivery system and/or with healthcare IT; clinical experience a bonus
- Experience working in a nonprofit membership or consensus-based organization preferred
- Foundational ability with conducting environmental scans and larger research tasks with guidance
- Experience supporting event logistics, including clear communication of next steps
- Experience drafting portions of PowerPoint deliverables/materials and proficiency with developing portions of written deliverables/materials
- Ability to simultaneously manage and adapt to multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to prioritize time effectively, delivering assigned tasks and materials on time, and operating with independence and efficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and work well on a team
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Experience with databases and SharePoint preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Apply for Analyst, Quality Measurement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly