The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst position supports the daily operations of the ERP and other HRIS applications that are used to manage US House Staff and Member employee data; to include Infor (Lawson) HR and Financial Suites, Employee and Manager Self Service, BSI, ImageNow, LBI, Process Flow, and Landmark. Responsibilities include project/process improvements, project management (new functionality, enhancements, upgrades), production support, system maintenance, system development life cycle (SDLC), participation in audit processes, BCDR activities, and training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in HRIS project phases for the strategic development of short- and long-term implementation of applications functionality, including planning & strategy, design, training, conversion, testing, documentation, and post implementation review.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with HRIS users, serve as an interface between internal/external customers and functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS services.
- Provide functional and business process support for deployed Infor (Lawson) and related HRIS applications, to include instruction for processing transactions, application set-up, troubleshooting and issues resolution, and generation of standard and custom reports and interfaces.
- Assist with analysis of proposed HRIS modifications, software upgrades, new Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products and/or changes to current interfaces that might affect the current system architecture. Provide advice and assistance on configuring HRIS applications to meet ongoing changes to House processes.
- Demonstrate understanding of US House policy and procedures; use skills and knowledge to continually keep HRIS data safe, ensure compliance with HISPOLs (House Information Security Policies), comply with NIST standards, and participate in audit processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Extensive, demonstrated on-premise experience with Infor (Lawson S3 version) 10x full
- Human Resources Suite (HR, PR, BN, PA, LP, TR) and AP & GL in the Financial Suite, Employee & Manger Self Service, BSI, LBI,
- Portal, MS Add ins, Infor O/S, Lawson Smart Office, IPA, and Landmark.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to function as part of a team representing diverse disciplines.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively, function as a critical thinker, and have excellent organization skills.
- Proven ability to create, review, and update documents.
- Must be detail oriented and able to understand functional, technical, and security requirements
- Select appropriate tools and solutions to meet those requirements based on best practices and application functionality knowledge.
- Ability to work additional hours as required.
- Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.