The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire a Project Coordinator (level 5). The hiring salary range is $43,350 -$59,300. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director, Education Innovation.
General Description: Coordinates effective administration of grants, contracts and other initiatives from the department by assisting Project Managers with grant administration, serving as a point of contact for grantees, and designing, developing, and administering grant reporting to support the departments and their grantees. Assists with the tracking of incoming proposals, coordinates application review and details regarding selection processes. Drafts and edits weekly reports, internal and external memos and maintains accurate, up to date project backgrounders. Supports other business initiatives including but not limited to special events, meeting logistics and financial tracking.
- Coordinates contract and grant making-activities. Performs initial review of project deliverables and processes deliverables for disbursement.
- Assists the VP and Senior Director, with tracking and maintaining proposals.
- Provides coordination and information for internal and external review panels. Coordinates meetings of proposal reviewers and handles logistics for consultations and associated internal processes with direction from the Project Managers and senior staff.
- Serves as a contact with stations, national organizations and grantees on grants, provides follow-up with representatives from these organizations related to payment information, and helps Project Managers resolve issues with deliverables. Monitors, analyzes and prepares reports on grantee performance against project goals.
- Works with Project Managers to develop and communicate grant program requests for proposals (RFPs) and other project RFPs as assigned.
- Assists Project Managers in updating information in the Grants Management System and in maintaining other relevant databases and tracking systems. akes initiative to recommend modifications and system updates as needed.
- Assists the VP and Senior Director with the monitoring of contracts, regularly evaluating activities and expenditures against project plans and budgets and making suggestions and changes in course as needed.
- Supports project reporting for formal communications such as the Annual Report and Board reports, as they relate to assigned projects.
- Maintains departmental library of media and grant files, including annual archive process. Maintains electronic shared files.
- Coordinates special department events, station consultations and other meetings, which may include arranging travel and meeting logistics, tracking invoice payments and expense reimbursements for attendees.
- Assists in drafting reports and correspondence for review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, or a related field, or combination of equivalent coursework and experience.
- Three years related work experience, in a position requiring skills in administration; and contract/project management, and/or digital media preferred.
- Ability to propose and implement solutions to administrative management issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate original correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with a variety of people both internal and external to CPB.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and issues of varying complexity.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellence in computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and database programs; strong web-based research and analytical skills.
- An attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or experience in non-profit organizations.
- GIFTS proficiency and Desktop Publishing skills.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at: www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter and resume to –
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.