WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Its not just a job . Its a mission . If youre as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then youll be right at home with us.
Recognized as one of D.C.s Top Workplaces each year, Rapid Financial Services (dba "Rapid Finance") is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners. By providing access to working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Rapid Finance is seeking a Funding Specialist to join our hard working Finance team. If you are a smart, curious, self-motivated professional with a passion for making a difference, Rapid Finance is your next "home". We have an awesome opportunity for you in our corporate office in Bethesda, MD , a couple city blocks from the Bethesda Metro. We are currently remote until November 2021.
The Funding Specialist ensures the timely and accurate client processing set up of all advances and loans originated by our Business Advisors, Account Executives, and/or Partners with speed, quality, and a high level of service. The ideal candidate has prior experience with wire and ACH transfers, must be able to respond to and manage account inquiries related issues prior to funding, review file documentation, and make sure all items needed are requested.
Outstanding client service skills are a must. Prior experience in a banking or lending environment is helpful but not required. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company in our home office in Bethesda, MD, just a few city blocks from the Bethesda Metro.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A HIGH PERSONAL STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE, A DRIVE FOR RESULTS, AND A PROACTIVE, "CAN-DO" ATTITUDE AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Work closely with sales, underwriting and other teams to ensure transparency of advances and work together with partners to find the best solution for the client.
- Prepare and forward preliminary paperwork to existing partners that have and existing relationship with a processing company that splits funds with or provides daily reporting to Rapid Finance.
- Review processing paperwork with clients. Review files for completeness and determine if they are in compliance with internal company guidelines before funding.
- Manage pipeline reports daily to ensure reports are accurate, and monitor daily reports in order to confirm estimated daily repayment batching requirement.
- Determine if there is an existing cash advance and request payoff of such upon approval.
- Support the Finance team operationally and by assisting in the review of reporting.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- You understand the importance of ensuring a fantastic experience for every client, every time. No exceptions, no excuses.
- You are efficient and accurate with data entry. Prior experience in the financial services industry, especially banking or lending, is preferred.
- You have worked with Microsoft Office and have working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- You understand the importance of reviewing your work and correcting errors, especially when handling critical client data or transferring funds.
- You pride yourself on your ability to capture all of the relevant details and get things done on time.
- You enjoy helping others and are not afraid of the phone- youre comfortable talking with clients, business partners and other team members.
- You are comfortable working in a paperless environment.
- You are able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- You thrive when working in a close-knit, team environment where attitude and work ethic matter.
- You can adapt to new processes and be flexible when responding to work demands.
- You can analyze a situation in order to make fact-based decisions and recommend possible solutions.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
At Rapid Finance, we support our team members growth and desire to live well-rounded lives. Our company is expanding and we are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Come work with US! We are ranked a Top Workplace in Washington D.C., Detroit, and the Nation-these awards mean the world because it's based on feedback from our people!
We offer generous team benefits including a commuting/parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is committed to a diverse workforce an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.