Director, Quality Measurement -Endorsement and Maintenance
7 days left
- Full Time
The Director is responsible for managing and executing the implementation of projects across measure endorsement, measure alignment, public and private partnerships, and/or emerging quality measurement areas. The Director will manage the day-to-day operations of those projects, including managing project teams, ensuring projects are on time and within budget in consultation with the Senior Director, and monitoring project direction and milestones. The Director will provide content expertise to staff and will contribute to business development activities in emerging quality areas and the strategic direction of NQF.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise multiple project managers and other project staff.
- Manage project teams and provide content expertise (e.g., methodological, clinical and implementation) to help advance projects.
- Mentor and coach direct reports and other colleagues and serve as a positive role model.
- Empower staff to generate ideas, proactively solve problems, and ensure ownership and accountability.
- Actively guide staff and encourage participation in organization-wide efforts and activities.
- Oversee project budgets, including collaborating with the Managing Director and Finance department to develop initial budgets, monitor utilization, and work with team leads to keep project within budget.
- Assist in leading project planning and development, tying project goals to NQF strategic objectives and ensuring milestones are met.
- Ensure good relationships with funders and address issues in a timely manner, in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Brief senior leadership on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for future development.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and escalate risks to leadership and propose solutions.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of NQF, as well as process improvements at the project and organizational levels.
- Effectively manage project resources, scope, and risks to deliver outstanding quality.
- Set clear, realistic priorities for team and manage expectations accordingly.
- Lead and facilitate project committees/expert panels and provide oversight and technical guidance to project teams.
- Engage in communication to promote NQF’s mission and engage with external stakeholders to build relationships and represent NQF as an external speaker, committee representative or liaison.
- Actively assist in securing funding for projects and generating potential new project ideas and strategy.
- Collaborate across NQF to advance quality measurement and alignment.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Certification:
Advanced degree in a clinical discipline, public health, or healthcare managementExperience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing people, budgets, and projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring individuals and/or teams, holding staff accountable for results, and managing projects and budgets
- Experience in healthcare quality, including measurement, alignment, and improvement
- Strong knowledge of healthcare performance measurement, policy, or public health
- Experience working in the healthcare delivery system a plus
- Proficiency in leading and overseeing multiple projects, staff, and competing priorities to achieve optimal results
- Proficiency to provide technical knowledge to guide project teams and ability to learn new content to guide projects in a variety of content areas
- Ability to guide staff on completion of deliverables, with building proficiency on initial review and edits to deliverables
- Proven experience fostering an environment for the development of new ideas and solutions, as well as proactively mitigating problems
- Proficiency in effectively facilitating change and encouraging others to follow
- Oversight of development and monitoring of budget and utilization targets for multiple projects/programs/products
- Proficiency in actively participating in business development (BD) efforts, including external BD conversations; internal BD brainstorming; and development of proposals, concept papers, and statements of work
- Ability to effectively speak/present/write on behalf of an organization and cultivate external relationships to identify new opportunities to advance an organization through participation in panels and networks
- Proven leadership and promotion of effective collaboration and interaction with internal peers and subordinates, as well as external stakeholders
- Proven ability to supervise and manage smaller staff teams, serve as a positive role model, and take initiative to escalate and propose solutions to staffing or organizational issues
- Proficiency identifying and forecasting trends to recommend strategies, and ability to align resources to support the organization’s goals
- Advanced facilitation and presentation skills and ability to write/present on behalf of an organization
- Well-organized, concise, and clear writing and speaking with compelling and persuasive messages
- Demonstrated active listening
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical demands
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Work environment
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.