Governmental Affairs Office Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is seeking a Governmental Affairs Office Coordinator for our Washington, DC office to provide administrative support to the Vice President of Governmental Affairs & Medical Practice, two departments, and select committees.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintains schedule and coordinates logistics for travel and meetings for VP, Governmental Affairs & Medical Practice.
- Assists in setting up departmental and committee meetings, including scheduling, preparing agenda books, confirming meeting attendance, setting up the physical and/or virtual meeting space, working with convention staff on meeting arrangements, handling on-site administrative tasks, and assisting in the preparation and posting of meeting minutes.
- Prepares written correspondence, background memos, and reports for management and other departmental staff.
- Regularly reviews the Federal Register to identify new and updated regulations or other requests for information relevant to ACP members.
- Tracks timetables and deadlines for completion of departmental projects, including handling of Board of Governors (BOG) resolutions and the submission of comments on federal regulations.
- Conducts topic-specific research and analysis on regulatory and practice support issues, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and facility with online meeting platforms (preferably Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to perform routine proofreading tasks
- Demonstrated ability to use the Internet to research information, as well as basic knowledge of website content management
- Experience in a similar organizational position with a professional or trade association, business, or governmental agency is desired.
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits, and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.