At BLH Technologies, Inc., we value talented and highly motivated professionals who have a passion for working with underserved communities to improve lives. We are a small business with expertise in public health, human services, communications, and technology.
BLH seeks a Project Manager with more than seven years of experience working in the human services arena with extensive knowledge of federal contracting, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and other safety net programming and providing Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) to human services programs.
The Project Manager will work at our offices in Rockville, Maryland, providing a range of managerial and technical support for an Office of Family Assistances (OFA) contract. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and will support multiple tasks that include:
- Overseeing a network of experts/coaches providing TTA to local human services programs, supporting innovative responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Budget management and staff supervision.
- Development and implementation of overall project management plans.
- Directing the development and production of materials informing the broader field of practice implications and learnings from the provision of TTA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all project management, including assigning roles and responsibilities; managing project team performance; subcontractor management; budget and cost oversight, reporting and monitoring progress; and applying rigorous quality control measures.
- Lead the recruitment and identification of sites for receipt of TTA and manage the provision of TTA to human services programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the Federal government on implementation of this TTA project, including ensuring that government objectives are met on-time and within budget.
- At least a Master’s degree in a related discipline is required.
- PMP Certification highly desired.
- A minimum seven years of relevant project management and technical experience in support of social service programs and policies is required.
- Strong knowledge of safety net programming, including TANF, is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and digital platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.