The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 10,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking a Full-time Senior Accountant to maintain the general ledger, update the membership database, prepare journal entries, complete the month end close and prepare the related subsidiary ledgers and other various accounting related transactions. This person will be a valued member of the finance team and will work directly with the Controller and the finance team of the Organization. Strong communication skills are also required to collaborate with the Society’s program directors and other departmental staff.
- Maintain the general ledger and prepare adjusting journal entries as needed
- Maintain the membership database to ensure member financial transactions are processed and recorded correctly.
- Maintain fixed asset and related accumulated depreciation database
- Prepare bank reconciliations and other subsidiary schedules on a monthly basis
- Prepare month end close with related closing workpaper package for all asset and liability accounts
- Prepare and maintain intercompany asset and liability accounts for Society’s related divisions
- Process membership renewals, payments, refunds, and other related transactions
- Prepare monthly financial statements with related budget analysis
- Maintain and follow internal controls and ensure all proper approvals are documented
- Assist in implementing new electronic bill pay system
- Assist in implementing new paperless filing system for accounting records and transactions
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license preferred but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player, and have positive attitude, strong work ethic and have high integrity
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in a similar role is required
- Experience using an ERP accounting system – Microsoft Dynamics SL or Sage Intacct a plus
- Experience using a CRM system – iMIS is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook, etc.)
This position offers a competitive salary with exceptional benefits that include a 403(b)-retirement plan; generous paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending; life and short- and long-term disability insurance; and more. Close to metro and bus service with Company sponsored parking.
To apply, please go to www.faseb.org/employment. Attach a cover letter and a resume with salary requirements.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.