Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a healthcare economics consulting firm based in Vienna, Virginia, in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our core competency is modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment policies using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies in order to assist clients as they seek to understand new and evolving payment systems. Our research helps public and private sector clients evaluate current and proposed payment systems and develop new payment models. We combine innovative research techniques, subject matter expertise, and experience working with policymakers and stakeholders to meet client informational needs to reform payment systems and support advocacy.
We are seeking candidates to fill an Associate position in a demanding, and fast-paced work environment. Candidates must possess strong critical thinking, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must be able to multitask, and to pay great attention to detail.
Key responsibilities for the Associate position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing healthcare payment models, particularly for public insurance programs, to assess the impact of proposed policy changes
- Reviewing and synthesizing stakeholder input to policy proposals
- Assisting in the development and execution of analytic plans for projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews and synthesizing findings
- Working with large databases and undertaking analysis
- Summarizing quantitative and qualitative findings for reports and presentations
- Interacting with clients and supporting project teams
- Assisting with the preparation of technical proposals
Essential requirements for the Associate position include:
- A minimum of three years of progressively more responsible work experience in an analytic role in healthcare research, policy analysis, and/or healthcare consulting
- Working knowledge and experience with Medicare, Medicaid, or other public payors (e.g., VHA, IHS, Tricare, etc.). Preference will be given to those familiar with CMS payment regulation for Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) for acute care hospitals, long term care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, and home health agencies.
- A Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, business administration, or a related field
- Additional relevant work experience may substitute for an advanced degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new content knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear, coherent, and concise manner
- Able to prepare programming specifications, and summarize methodologies and analytic findings
- Able to manipulate large databases using statistical software
- Able to conduct multivariate analysis (desirable)
- Able to quickly adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to pay considerable attention to detail
- Strong listening and communication skills
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency, all Dobson | DaVanzo employees work remotely. For employees who choose to return to working in the office (one or more days a week) after the pandemic, the company features free lunch every day, a fully stocked kitchen, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.