Alumni Communications Program Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Alumni Communications Program Manager (Collegewide)
REPORTS TO:Director of Alumni Relations
- Alumni Relations
GRADE 11: $46,825
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Alumni Communications Program Manager is a collegewide position in the Alumni Office that is responsible for developing and managing digital-forward communications strategies and creating effective communications pieces that reach, serve, and engage alumni. The Alumni Communications Program Manager serves as a key liaison between alumni and development communication efforts, facilitating a collaborative and strategic approach to alumni communications, and is the editor of the annual print Alumni Engagement Magazine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with colleagues in the Alumni Office, the division of Development and Alumni Relations, and the Communications Office, create and execute an annual multi-channel, digital-forward communications strategy for the alumni audience to increase engagement that results in greater alumni advocacy, philanthropy, and volunteerism.
- Create and implement a comprehensive digital engagement strategy for the alumni audience, to include development and multichannel distribution of text, visual, audio, and video content via webpages, the SJC Connect in-house social network platform (provided by Graduway), the Alumni Office social media presence, mass emails to alumni, and emerging technologies.
- Serve as division liaison to the collegewide communications team and serve as the Alumni Office representative to any collegewide communications working groups. Support and lead division or collegewide working groups as assigned, including the Strategic Communications Working Group.
- Serve as project lead and editor of the annual print Alumni Engagement Magazine, including developing vision and themes, determining and creating content, managing the production calendar, conducting interviews, supervising vendors, assigning stories to staff and freelance writers, overseeing design and creative processes, and coordinating with Leadership and Communications teams.
- Support alumni events and experiential programming.
- Facilitate Alumni Association Board communications as detailed by policies and procedures.
- Cross-train and support the Alumni Transitions and Volunteerism Program Manager in activities specific to the Annapolis campus as needed.
- Serve as frontline customer service representative for alumni, including collegewide email, voicemail, and social media platforms, as well as Annapolis campus visitors, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- Broad knowledge of best practices in communications, marketing, and social media, and knowledge of or willingness to learn best practices in alumni relations and development.
Ability both to work independently and to collaborate effectively in a complex, fast-moving, matrix-managed team structure.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Experience with managing programs and projects, quality improvement, and proactive customer service; Completes projects and project milestones at the dates specified at the outset of the project unless necessary changes are made to completion dates.
- Strong ability to motivate and influence others; manage contractors and volunteers with integrity and tact in accordance with college policies and industry best practices.
- Judgment, diplomacy, and tact are fundamental requirements for this role due to extensive personal contact with students and alumni.
Reply to all email and phone messages within 24 hours unless the messages are received during a prolonged out of office or over a weekend.
- Familiarity with St. John’s College, its unique educational Program, and its strategic needs.
- Support and advance the college’s efforts to create a diverse and welcoming college community that supports all its members well, in fulfillment of its educational mission.
Compensation: Grade11- base $46,825, to view our excellent benefits go to https://www.sjc.edu/annapolis/offices-services/personnel/benefits-summary.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Annapolis.Jobs@sjc.edu; sample portfolios are welcomed but not required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. John’s College is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite applications from candidates with unique backgrounds and strive to create and maintain an environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
Apply for Alumni Communications Program Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly