Nurse Practioner PMHNP
The Candidate will provide TeleHealth, in person appointments and professional nursing care to a defined patient population through the use of information and communication technologies with the support of clinical guidelines, protocols, and other resources. Working from a home office and on site, the Nurse uses critical thinking, therapeutic communication, and clinical decision-making skills to assess, plan, implement, educate and evaluate the patient’s mental health situation and/or informational needs.
- Documents care provided in the medical record accurately utilizing appropriate Clinics/Note.
- Develops forms and questionnaires to facilitate the exchange of information.
- Assists patients with self-care teaching as required, and with maintaining as much independence as possible. Documents care provided in the medical record accurately utilizing appropriate Clinics/Notes
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the Home TeleHealth patient care delivery system.
- Schedules follow-up appointments.
- Provides psychological support to patients/family/caregivers through telephone care, direct patient care, and refer patients to needed support services, assesses the patient’s condition/situation, and documents the assessment.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of referrals and provides feedback to therapist and community staff.
- Establishes contact with patient. Assesses willingness, ability to use Telemedicine
- Coordinates appointment time with therapist, patient, and community staff.
- This is an independent, 1099-contractor position and requires a minimum 20 per week with considerable room to grow to full –time, if desired. This is a Hybrid position and some sessions may temporarily be provided virtually due to Covid 19.
Experience and Qualifications
- Licensed Psychiatric Nurse (PMHNP), with a current, unrestricted active state nursing license.
- Diploma from recognized and/or accredited school.
- Excellent communication, telephone and customer relation skills.
- Good critical thinking, sound clinical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge and competence in the use of computers and keyboarding.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required and fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Post CRNP-PMH Licensure experience not required.
Note: Due to COVID-19, position will begin via telehealth and transition to in-person sessions upon termination of the local/national emergencies.