Associate Medical Director
Neighborhood Health is Northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high-quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to 30,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The Associate Medical Director plays an important role in the delivery of high-quality, patient-centered, and community-based comprehensive primary care. The Associate Medical Director is responsible for overseeing the quality of clinical services provided by Neighborhood Health at designated clinical sites. The Associate Medical Director provides clinical and administrative leadership for medical providers and clinical support staff at assigned locations. In addition, the Associate Medical Director participates in the organization’s quality program and assists in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures. This position includes direct patient care responsibilities.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- Demonstrated interest in improving the healthcare of Neighborhood Health’s predominantly low-income and culturally diverse patient population.
- Successful completion of medical school and residency in AOA or AMA certified Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/GYN or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics program.
- Must be Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, or Pediatrics.
- Experience in Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of administrative functions and personnel management required.
- At least three years of clinical experience.
- Experience in management or participation in quality assurance activities.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.