The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
Digital Strategist is responsible for leading the development and maintenance of ASHA’s overall digital content strategy across multiple digital platforms including asha.org, microsites and social channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.). Incumbent develops content that is tailored to different digital and social media platforms. Develops multi-channel content that is engaging, implement, and assess effectiveness. Incumbent works within a team to strategize approaches, write, and develop compelling digital content and plans, implement, and access effectiveness making changes as needed.
- Develop new digital content and recommend changes to existing digital content structure and platform to promote the association’s mission and strategic objectives, increase engagement and community. Strategist will make recommendations on best digital channels to utilize based on content and appropriate digital channel to reach members and by analyzing user experience data and providing insights.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts, user experience, creative media, and marketing teams to create and share content.
- Define KPIs to measure effectiveness of content, platforms, channels. Make recommendations to improve performance, utilize new product modules to extend audience reach. Provide analytics and analysis on effectiveness of campaigns, new content, social postings, etc.
- Provide consultation and make recommendations to subject matter experts developing content and distributed social media liaisons on best practices to improve association’s online presence.
- Monitor social media channels for member concerns and assist in developing strategies to address them.
- Define, enhance, and train staff on ASHA brand voice and best social media practices.
- Keep up to date on the latest platforms and digital strategies in managing digital content.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Relevant experience managing content across multiple digital channels
- Continuing education, advanced certificate
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 3 years’ experience developing and managing digital content in a complex digital environment.
- Advanced understanding of digital content development, information architecture, search engine optimization, web analytics, and accessibility
- Advanced understanding of content strategy for major digital channels (i.e., websites, social media, video, email)
- Demonstrated excellence in digital writing across multiple channels and editing of web content
- Ability to train and support others in content development
- Demonstrated experience in Google Analytics platform and analysis
- Advanced experience with social media management platforms (such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite)
- Familiarity with principles of usability and user experience design
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with HTML and content management systems is helpful
- Experience using Photoshop or other imaging software is helpful
- Familiarity with principles of page layout and design is helpful
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Project management