SAP HCM Business Process Analyst II/III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a SAP HCM Business Process Analyst II/III. This position will position will be filled at either the level II or III depending on the education and experience of the selected candidate. Serves as the principle SAP HCM system configurator ensuring user requirements are understood, communicated, and acted upon appropriately. Support provided includes serving as an expert-level knowledge resource for system end users; monitoring system operations and performance; troubleshooting system problems; and identifying, designing, and implementing resolutions to system problems and enhancements.
Essential functions include:
- Production Support
- Leverage SAP HCM experience and knowledge to support best practices with proven understanding of process integration within the SAP landscape.
- Identifies, analyzes, and defines system and process problems, documenting the requirements of all involved groups.
- Recommends and implements problem resolutions, whether a system change request, software upgrade request, business work-around, or business process change.
- Provide Production support as well as end user documentation and training on new features.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
- Keeps up to date on system features and upgrades.
- Performs short- and long-term technology planning and assessments of the impact of technology upgrades.
- Develops functional specifications for system enhancements and modifications.
- Maintains system support documentation.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors the development and testing of software modifications/ changes, adjusting work to achieve desired outcomes.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and 6 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment or possession of a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and four 4 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment; or possession of a master’s degree in information systems, computer science, business, or related field; and 2 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment, and/or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and knowledge.
- At least three (3) years SAP HCM Module configuration knowledge and experience in several of the following areas: Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Benefits, Time Management, Gross to Net Payroll, BSI Tax Factory, Tax Reporter, Employee Self-Service, Manager Self-Service, HCM Processes and Forms
- At least three (3) years of SAP HCM ECC Production Support knowledge including routine maintenance and system change requests
- Understanding of SAP Time and Payroll schemas
- Understanding of ABAP, workflow and authorizations desired
- Experience with HCM integration points with Finance, Project Systems and Plant Maintenance desired
- Familiarity with ASUG, ability to network and collaborate with peers to identify industry standard solutions
- Excellent customer service and communications skills, including technical and end-user documentation
- Experience in Business Analysis, Requirements reviews, and creation of Testing Strategy and Requirements
- Focused and driven to excellence to ensure quality of deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
“Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.