System Support Analyst #513
SYSTEM SUPPORT ANALYST
NATURE OF WORK
This is technical work requiring understanding of the information technology (IT) hardware and software used in Senate offices, and an understanding of the IT Support Contract. Work includes ensuring the prompt and timely installation and support of Senate office IT equipment, both hardware and software. Work includes evaluating, verifying and approving hardware configurations for Senate offices prior to, during and after installation. Work also includes the ongoing resolution and support of hardware and software problems and technology implementation. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general supervision of an Information Technology Manager or other immediate supervisor who reviews work for results achieved.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(This list is not absolute or restrictive, but indicates approximate duties and responsibilities which may be redefined pursuant to operational needs.)
● Monitors IT support vendor staff in the day-to-day operations under the contract; reviews installation work tickets for contractual compliance.
● Meets with Senate staff to provide office support, analyze and resolve hardware and software problems and/or determine future requirements; provides systems support on an ongoing basis with current and previous installations in Senate offices.
● Coordinates installations, upgrades, and move meetings with vendor and Senate office; confirms schedule, dates, times and related logistics; develops contingency plans for problematic installations to minimize mishaps and ensure timely and accuracy of task completion.
● Performs quality assurance on installed equipment and software, including monitoring vendor performance during installations, verifying correct equipment and evaluating client feedback; recommends appropriate action on vendor performance.
● Coordinates and conducts problem resolution with internal and external technical contacts to trouble shoot processes, equipment, and software where multiple parties are involved.
● Develops implementation and test plans for help desk software; troubleshoots help desk software/hardware problems.
● Develops specifications and reports for trend analysis and management information.
● Maintains a database of instructional and procedural documentation for user community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work requires walking and some bending, crouching, stooping, reaching and lifting in monitoring the installation of systems or shipping of equipment.
Work requires a Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, and three to five years of experience in systems computer and data communications hardware and software configuration and support; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
● Knowledge of information technology software, hardware and network communicating technology and protocols.
● Knowledge of personal computer and network architecture, network assembly and installation.
● Knowledge of data communication principles.
● Ability to analyze, evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve user and network problems, both on software and hardware.
● Ability to oversee, and coordinate the work of support and hardware vendor consultants.
● Ability to communicate effectively.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS