Industrial Electrician II/III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Industrial Electrician II/III. This position will position will be filled at either the level II or III depending on the education and experience of the selected candidate. Under general supervision of a Supervisor, and/or an Industrial Electrician III, performs skilled electrical work and work associated with the installation, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) and controls used in all Fairfax Water facilities.
Essential functions include:
- Performs skilled electrical/HVAC work associated with the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment by:
- Conducting preventive maintenance activities according to schedule on all electrical operated equipment and systems to include: motors, switchgears, lighting systems, fire alarms, motor controls, UPS, SCADA, and other systems and equipment.
- Installing and repairing electrical equipment and HVAC systems based on work orders assigned.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, recommending corrective action and repairing high and low voltage switchgear, motors, generators, control circuits, fire alarm systems and other related electrical devices, systems and equipment. Repairing and troubleshooting high voltage (13.2 to 4160) and low voltage (480/277 to 120/208) switchgear.
- Reporting complex electrical problems to the Supervisor.
- Making frequent inspections of all HVAC equipment failures and irregular operation and recommending corrective measures to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of three years applicable industrial electrical and HVAC experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Possession of a valid Journeyman or Master Electrician’s License.
- Possession of a Journeyman Mechanical License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia is required in order to meet the minimum requirements of an Industrial Electrician III.
- Possession of a CFC License or ability to obtain one within a year.
- Good knowledge of motor controls, motor circuits and high voltage.
- Good knowledge of electrical theory and of the methods, practices, equipment and tools used in electrical systems and equipment.
- Good knowledge of electrical construction and maintenance including installation of all sizes of electrical cables, wire, and switches.
- Good knowledge of County and National electrical codes applicable to installation, maintenance and repair work.
- Good knowledge of safety codes and accident prevention practices.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings and schematics.
- Must be able to locate and correct defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of pneumatic controls.
- Good knowledge of HVAC theory and the materials, methods, practices, equipment and tools used in the operation, installation and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Good knowledge of HVAC electrical and electronic control circuits including computerized control systems.
- Must obtain Forklift certification.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
- “Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.