Transportation Specialist: The Transportation Specialist position is located in the Department of Planning and Community Development. This is a senior level professional planner position requiring program planning and coordination experiences. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing, planning, designing and oversight of studies and projects related to the City’s Trails Master Plan, Complete Streets Policy, overall transit strategy, Adopt-a-Road program and the Neighborhood Traffic Management Program.
- Manages bicycle, pedestrian and other sustainable transportation studies and plans, including the procurement and management of consulting firms. These plans provide the basis for investment of public resources through the establishment of long range policy objectives and near term investment programs.
- Reviews transportation and real estate development projects to ensure the provision of facilities and programs supporting transit ridership, bicycling, walking, teleworking, ridesharing, and car-sharing and the safety of these users of the transportation system.
- Develops or recommends standards for specific projects.
- Plans for new facilities/routes and recommends repair/improvements to existing facilities/routes.
- Develops public information and outreach campaigns to educate drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians concerning bicycle and pedestrian safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban and regional planning, transportation planning, economics, political science, business/public administration or closely related field.
- Five years of professional experience that includes policy analysis, program development and implementation tasks relating to bicycle/pedestrian safety and multi-modal transportation planning.
- Certain combinations of relevant experience or training may be acceptable.
- Membership in the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position
How To Apply: Please apply online on the City of Bowie website at:
www.cityofbowie.org. Applicants are required to complete City of Bowie application
Application Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2021
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol testing employer. EOE