The Finance & Accounting Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Financial Analyst in the Washington, DC office. As a member of the firm’s Pricing Team, the Financial Analyst will function as one of the primary legal pricing professionals in our Washington, DC office, while reporting to the Manager of Pricing and Practice Analysis. The Financial Analyst will work directly with attorneys to develop pricing strategies, create innovative fee structures, and implement analytics and reporting to measure success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pricing - Partner with attorneys to develop pricing strategies and fee structures that drive sector growth. Help train attorneys on pricing best practices, assessing and tracking alternative fee arrangement risks, and communicating client value.
- Profitability - Respond to attorney requests for internal metrics by developing financial models to assess the profitability of new business proposals. Assist in the development of creative, workable pricing solutions using alternative fee arrangements.
- Practice Analysis - Prepare and provide analysis of practice and office specific and firm wide monthly financial reports (i.e., working attorney productivity reports, key performance indicator reports, client and attorney reports, etc.) and work directly with attorneys and management to enhance business management through financial analyses and assisting with business plans.
- Best Practices - Lead individual and group attorney training sessions as needed. Actively promote the firm’s business intelligence software, tools and matter management techniques.
- Business Development - Assist with budgeting and pricing related aspects of RFPs and client fee arrangement negotiations. Collaborate with Marketing to construct client budgets, rate structures, and alternative fee arrangements that maximize client value and firm profitability.
- Requires a BA/BS degree.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a legal, or related financial planning and analysis role.
- Proven analytical skills with advanced knowledge of data mining using MS Excel.
- Prior experience with business intelligence or report writing software preferred.
- Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures.
- Collaborates effectively, and professionally, with all levels of the firm, including clients, attorneys, and co-workers.
- Able to influence all levels of the organization. Can effectively present complex financial information in a distilled and easily understood format that will enhance decision-making.
- Able to lead, as well as serve as a team member of, cross-departmental initiatives.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.