Loudoun Water is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to more than 300,000 customers in Loudoun County, VA, one of the fastest growing counties in the country. Our Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility is one of the most advanced wastewater treatment plants in the country. We have a water reuse program that is the largest and most progressive in Virginia. Our Potomac Water Supply Program includes the new Trap Rock water treatment plant and will include retired rock quarries for water storage.
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Planning Engineer in the Capital Planning Department. The Planning Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of a variety of planning studies for our drinking water, wastewater, and water reuse programs. Experience with hydraulic distribution and / or collection system modeling of water and wastewater systems is highly desirable as well as relevant experience in utility master planning for water distribution and wastewater collection, planning studies for water supply and water resources. Responsibilities include technical oversight and project management. Essential functions include:
- Participate in the analysis, planning and operation of the water distribution, wastewater collection, and reclaimed water distribution systems using computerized hydraulic models.
- Organize and manage preparation and maintenance of master plans and localized area facility plans for drinking water distribution, wastewater collection and reclaimed water distribution systems.
- Organize and manage preparation of various studies related to water supply, water resources and water and wastewater treatment capacity.
- Oversee the planning phases of design projects for various facilities such as water and wastewater treatment as well as drinking water quality.
- Support special studies to support other initiatives such as demand management program, water demand & sewer projections as well as other new policy-oriented initiatives.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter who thinks strategically and possesses excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and from five (5) years to ideally ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible experience, including relevant engineering and project management experience in the planning of public water and wastewater systems. An MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE