Imagine working alongside with a successful, passionate chef! The cuisine, Japanese-inspired tapas created by Chef Yo Matsuzaki, are artistic yet approachable. The cocktails are fastidiously hand-crafted and further elevated by crafting as many items inhouse as possible. Wren Lounge is located in the beautiful, new, luxury Watermark Hotel due to open 9/21/2021.
*WALK-IN INTERVIEWS THU 9/2/21 & THU 9/9/21 1PM-4PM*
1525 Capital One Drive Tysons, VA 22102
Wren is inspired by the Japanese concept of izakaya, Wren is a space for guests to comfortably gather and connect while sharing good food, drink and companionship. To complete the experience, bartenders serve meticulously curated cocktails and locally crafted beer and wine.
At Wren, the emphasis above all else, is placed on the experience. It is the heart of The Watermark Hotel, impossible to miss as you enter the expansive 11th floor lobby.
Apply today to learn more…
This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items in accordance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand high quality standards. Provides support to other cooks and enforces compliance with health regulations. Helps ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 2+ years of progressive cook or kitchen experience required. Must be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2 or more years as a cook in a restaurant or hotel of similar size and reputation for outstanding service.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable to ensure highest level of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily line checks, ongoing audits of consistency and quality, and follow up as necessary. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, and implements the necessary changes. Develops standard operating procedures to maximize quality. Ensures food preparation and delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte service.
- Presentation / Menu Changes: Ensures outstanding presentation through use records and photographs, and monitors that plate set ups meet the photo-record standards. Knowledge of menu changes, use records, and photographs.
- Cost Control: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment, controlling food cost while maximizing food and beverage revenue. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with kitchen staff to model appropriate operational standards including adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Safety/Risk Management: Leads by example with food safety standards and food storage. Maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member’s incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Apply for PM Cook
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly