Assistant Director, ACH Network Rules
Job Title: Assistant Director, ACH Network Rules
Department: ACH Network Rules
Job Reports To: Senior Director, ACH Network Rules
Nacha governs the thriving ACH Network, the payment system that drives safe, smart, and fast Direct Deposits and Direct Payments with the capability to reach all U.S. bank and credit union accounts. Nearly 27 billion ACH payments were made in 2020, valued at close to $62 trillion. Through problem-solving and consensus-building among diverse payment industry stakeholders, Nacha advances innovation in the payments system. Nacha develops rules and standards, provides industry solutions, and delivers education, accreditation, and advisory services.
Nacha Core Values
Nacha has had the distinct honor of being named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for three consecutive years.
Being a team member of Nacha means adopting and living our Core Values. As the problem solvers and consensus builders who enable payments to securely reach virtually every American, WE ACHieve success through teamwork, commitment and innovative thinking.
To join Nacha is to exemplify our Core Values by not sitting on the sidelines, but being doers. We don’t shy away from tough problems or long odds - we do what is right, which may not be easy. We foster curiosity and embrace learning to broaden our expertise. We are each great, but together we are better and foster a respectful, diverse and inclusive work culture. And finally, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We bring our ‘A’ game and still have fun. We celebrate successes and have a friendly and fun work environment.
This Assistant Director-level position will report to the Senior Director, ACH Network Rules. This position will support Nacha’s Rules department and its industry service desk – developing Rules-based information and explanations; responding to member and industry Rules-related inquiries; and contributing to the development and implementation of a Rules knowledge bank for self-service. The position will also support the development of amendments to the Nacha Operating Rules, and the production of the annual Nacha rulebook, guidelines, supplements, and other publications.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities
- Provide Rules and ACH technical support to Nacha’s membership, other internal departments, and the industry at-large;
- Content review and editing functions for various Rules-related publications (i.e., the Nacha Operating Rules, Compliance Manual, AAP Handbook; the Green Book for U.S. Treasury);
- Support Rules department liaison to the AAP and APRP certification programs
- Direct support and documentation of Nacha rules initiatives, from concept and idea submission through final approval
- Participation in various Nacha industry groups
- Some public speaking and presentations; occasional travel as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of the Nacha Operating Rules
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification preferred; applicants without AAP certification will be expected to earn AAP professional credential
- Strong people skills, with the ability to communicate information clearly via phone and in writing; this position requires substantial telephone and email communications with ACH Network users
- Critical job duties include analytical thinking and development of written materials, documentation, and publications on ACH rules-related topics; Excellent writing and editorial skills and attention to detail are essential to this position
- Ability to manage multiple projects within established deadlines
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Ability to work with multiple teams across Nacha departments
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, InDesign and Jira software and services
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience at a financial institution or payments association, with experience in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- ACH and/or electronic payments products or operations
- ACH or treasury management products/platforms
- Compliance and risk management related to the ACH
- Undergraduate degree required
- Professional certification in banking/financial field is desirable. Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification is preferred. Non-AAP must be willing to earn AAP certification
The Manager/Assistant Director position offers growth opportunities with demonstrated and consistent performance. The successful candidate will be able to excel in a dynamic environment with a myriad of competing priorities and demands. Subject matter mastery is a given; the successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to own responsibility for delivery of content and output
- Balance between independent self-started and team player
- Professionalism and decorum
- Commitment and focus to project plans
- Ability to remain positive, flexible and enjoy challenges
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and light lifting of boxes is required. This would require the ability to lift files/boxes, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Occasional business travel may be required.
Nacha provides a competitive, comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability, FSA, HSA, 401k with Match, VAC/SICK/HOL, Wellness Reimbursement and promotes a culture that encourages learning and professional development.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic team, please submit your cover letter and resume to NachaJobs@nacha.org.
Nacha is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply for Assistant Director, ACH Network Rules
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly