Installation Planner - Air National Guard Readiness Center HQ - Joint Base Andrews, MD
The Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) has an open Installation Planner position at Andrews Air Force Base, MD. For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit:
Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
An Installation Planner position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML) supporting the Air National Guard (ANG)’s NGB/A4AM Program Manager for Strategic Basing.
This position provides comprehensive planning program support to ensure the synchronization of policy while supporting mission capabilities, and includes analysis of assets and mission-driven infrastructure requirements, which inform both strategic and tactical installation planning. This is a customer service-oriented position, which is responsible for coordinating with ANG Civil Engineering programmers and managers, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Air Quality, Natural & Cultural Resources, as well as installation personnel at more than 160 ANG installations. Position is physically located at Andrews Air Force Base, MD.
- Applicants must have at least an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of five years of experience in facility planning, master planning, airfield environment planning, infrastructure planning or environmental planning.
- Candidates must also have prior experience in the following areas:
- NEPA, community outreach,
- Planning and zoning skills,
- Air Installations Compatible Use Zones program,
- Geographic Information Systems/Geobase,
- Facility space management.
- Experience using databases to track and manage data records is required.
- Experience working in a service-oriented organization, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, urban planning, architecture, environmental studies or related field is preferred.
- Experience in the application of urban planning concepts, principles, theories, and methods necessary to identify community needs and evaluate the viability of existing infrastructure.
- Proven experience coordinating and consolidating data from subject matter experts in fields such as NEPA, Coastal Zone Management (CZM), noise studies, natural resources, wetland, and cultural resources into strategic basing and installation planning programs is preferred.
- Highly qualified candidates will have experience creating materials for Table Top new mission beddown exercises and facilitating planning charrettes for Federal/Military clients as both a lead trainer and as a member of a facilitation team.
- Knowledge of airport planning and FAA regulations is beneficial.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), LEED, EIT or similar credentials are highly desired.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than September 20, 2021 for full consideration at jobs.colostate.edu. Mailed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
- Statement of Qualifications (one-page letter addressing each qualification described in the announcement) uploaded in the ‘Cover Letter’ slot.
- References – please include within your application contact information for 3 professional references including at least one supervisor.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.