Motor Vehicle Operator (Tow Crane Driver)
The District of Columbia (DC) Department of Public Works (DPW) is currently hiring skilled and experienced Tow Crane Drivers to join our team.
Position: Motor Vehicle Operator, RW-5703-08
Job ID: 14074
Opening Date: August 29, 2021
Closing Date: September 20, 2021
Area of Consideration: Open to the Public
- Serves as a uniformed member of the DPW vehicle impoundment operation, driving wheel-lift tow cranes to tow vehicles of various makes, large trucks, buses, and trailer cabs.
- Tows on streets, alleys and parking lots in all areas of the District, in all types of weather, using towing dolly wheels.
- Drives cranes or roll-back trucks with varying maximum lifting capacity.
- Issues citations for parking violations.
- Skill and experience in operating hydraulic automotive crane truck.
- Experience towing through heavy traffic as well as narrow streets and alleys.
- Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Certification
Conditions of Employment
This position is designated as an Essential Employee position.
This position may require working rotating shifts as assigned and will be required to work some weekends and observed holidays.
Candidates will be subject to: a written knowledge and practical skill examinations, criminal background check, traffic record check, and drug and alcohol test.
Candidates selected for appointment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates the appointee’s religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Government of the District of Columbia.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://careers.dc.gov.
For assistance, call the DC Department of Human Resources, HR Answers (202) 442-9700.
Position Title: Motor Vehicle Operator, Job ID: 14074
DCHR “How to Apply” Video: https://dchr.dc.gov/page/how-apply-0