Administrative Coordinator, Part Time
The American Prospect seeks a part-time Administrative Coordinator
One to two days or approximately 10 hours a week at $25/hour.
Work must be completed at Prospect headquarters on Franklin Square in Washington, D.C., with occasional visits to local post offices and FedEx/UPS outlets.
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail, ensuring proper labeling and delivery
- Maintain logs for incoming mail from vendors, customers, agencies and donors
- Act as the liaison with all mail support service vendors
- Handle requests for mailing and shipping from staff, aiding in customer service fulfillment for magazine orders
- Research and follow-up with staff regarding tracking mail and/or packages
- Open, sort and add to the library all incoming books
- Maintain logs for incoming books, reporting weekly
- Manage disbursement of books via mail, or via quarterly donations to charity
- Receive bimonthly magazine shipment and stock morgue with back issues
- Handle fulfillment on certain merchandise including back issues
- Maintain mailroom and other office supplies
Other responsibilities may be as assigned, and include but are not limited to support for events and meetings; telephone and email customer service; and serving as a liaison with the office lessor. Additional hours may be required at times with adequate notice. This job is a union position and accrues benefits in accordance with the 2020 collective bargaining agreement.
- Proficiency in English with strong communication skills
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with shipping and receiving processes, including metering mail, in an office environment or related field
- Familiarity with the Chrome browser, Gmail and Google Workspace
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Capable of troubleshooting operations issues
- Ability to adequately perform such functions as lifting, bending and moving, including the ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred but not required
Please apply for this position by Monday, September 20.