part time/full time Medication Technician
6 days left
- Assist individuals in developing skills in personal hygiene, household routines, money management and the use of community service resources.
- Provide input into development of household schedule and implement the schedule as assigned, such that all individuals are involved in tasks/activities with necessary adaptations made as appropriate.
- Provide House Supervisor with input on Individual Plan (IP) upon request and when work with individuals indicates program changes would be beneficial.
- Implement, document and maintain individual IP. Implement, and maintain document on individual Behavior Change Programs.
- Care for individual’s physical needs as their level of independence requires. Care for emotional needs through positive and supportive interactions. Document appropriate items and individual progress, medical records, and behaviors, in Therap (an electronic documentation system) on a daily basis.
- Monitor completion of individual chores and assist individuals as level of independence requires; follow through on housework schedule and meal preparation as assigned, report maintenance issues in accordance with EBED policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the home environment and the activities provided are safe for individuals, staff, and visitors. Respond to emergencies as per EBED emergency policies and procedures.
- Participate in the design and development of the schedule of individual recreational, leisure, and social activities and implement scheduled activities, facilitating individual participation as assigned.
- Assist individual participation, as assigned, in classes, medical appointment, and ancillary services, accompanying individual as their level of independence requires. Communicate information to the House supervisor in a timely manner regarding these activities and services.
- Responsible to ensure that the group home is properly staffed prior to leaving the site. Manage and document EBED and individual monies in accordance with EBED and DDA policies and procedures. Provide necessary instruction, care, follow through and accurate documentation when individuals are sick. Take necessary action to ensure appropriate physical appearance and hygiene of individuals. Take necessary action to ensure appropriate physical appearance and cleanliness of home. Accurately process required paperwork in a timely manner. Carry out medical procedures as instructed by the delegating nurse. Maintain individual and home files in accordance with EBED standards, accuracy and timeliness. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 0-3 years working in human services, preferably with adults with disabilities
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to work independently using excellent judgment, demonstrated clinical skills and ability to handle sensitive medical matters in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent counseling skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to function as a team player
- Able to pass a successful background and drug screening
- Ability to work under stressful situations
Proficiency in the use of computers
- Electronic Software
Apply for part time/full time Medication Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly