The University of Maryland Alumni Association seeks an Accountant to perform complex general ledger and financial reporting processes within the accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking and event operations functions using MIP software. This person will work directly with the Senior Director of Business Operations. The Accountant provides advanced accounting services including completing account reconciliations within full cycle accounting and supports month-end and year-end closing processes.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in financial statements analysis and notes.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense transactions into MIP.
- Process and maintain all A/R invoicing and cash receipts (full-cycle).
- Prepare monthly bank account and general ledger reconciliations.
- Process all A/P and vendor payments (full cycle) in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit annual Forms 1099.
- Provide support to the Business Operations Department with the preparation and submission of the annual IRS Form 990 and 990N E-postcard submission for Alumni Networks.
- Participate in all facets of the monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
- Participate in the completion of the Prepared-by-Client audit requirement list (PBC)
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing timely and accurate information to stakeholders as always needed and in a polite/professional manner
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
At least five years of full-time professional experience in accounting and/or finance with demonstrated progressive professional growth. Candidates must also have experience using automated accounting and office programs such as MIP, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, QuickBooks, or Salesforce.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and reconciliation skills
- Proven ability to be a team player, self-starter, and motivated in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job and the goals of the Finance Department
- Thorough understanding of GAAP (FASB/SFAS)
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities