The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The purpose of this position is to identify member needs and direct ASHA’s marketing efforts of ASHA products and services for the purpose of increasing non-dues revenue and delivering member value. This position is responsible for the planning, development, and management of ASHA’s for-sale products and programs through the ASHA Store (ecommerce and in person) and other sales channels. This position works with the Director, Enterprise-wide Marketing and Sales to develop and execute marketing and communication plans for enterprise-wide initiatives. The position manages competitive analysis, pricing analysis, and sales trends to benchmark marketing and sales strategies for improved performance. It initiates market research, analyzes buyer behavior, needs, and attitudes to implement product launches, updates, and retirements. The position develops and manages an annual budget. It is responsible for the review process and implementation of external product distribution. It also has responsibility for product inventory. The position supervises 4-7 marketing professionals and reports directly to the Director, Enterprise-wide Marketing and Sales.
- Develop marketing strategy and execution of print, digital, and social marketing campaigns for ASHA products and services, including subscription-based and individual product offerings and in-person and virtual events. Position also works closely with the Director, Enterprise-wide Marketing and Sales to support the marketing to ASHA members of the association’s Strategic Objectives initiatives and other project work. Allocate resources across product and event lines. Develop budget and optimize pricing for products and programs and forecast sales for planning.
- Direct the phases of product management including search and feasibility studies, guideline setting, formats and packaging, proofing and editing, manufacturing and assembly, mailing and shipping, launch marketing, inventory accounting, and source tracking to complete work within agreed upon timelines. Plan the development and sale of new products and programs and oversee the publication of new titles under the ASHA Press imprint. Negotiate contracts and terms with outside agencies and suppliers.
- In coordination with Surveys and Analysis, develop research instruments and initiate market studies to monitor customer needs and preferences in relation to specific products, programs, product lines, events, and campaigns. Scan other industries, associations and methodologies to incorporate best practices. Document discrete strategies for products and events to better measure goal success and initiatives outcomes.
- In coordination with IS, analyze marketing data, programs and events and suggest adjustment strategies and tactics to increase marketing effectiveness. Use predictive modeling and segmentation and similar or emerging processes to improve targeting and messaging. Analyze and report on marketing program performance and financial results. Build and contribute to historical analysis/lessons learned and ASHA brand dynamics.
- Help establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout the product and Professional Development program lines, promotional materials, and events. Assist in the development and execution of ASHA’s brand and advertising and media initiatives. Assist in the development of corporate identity standards.
- Direct or coordinate the specifics of product sales data gathering and associated reports, and monitor product sales transactions.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales, or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong strategic planning and marketing communications experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute comprehensive print, digital, and social campaigns.
- Subscription business experience preferred.
- Marketing automation skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop production and marketing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and interpret market research studies.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Experience with inventory/sales database management.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.